get the actual data in binary format. That data can be anything, and
would need further inspection.

Regards,

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 5:57 AM, Matheus Michels
<matheustmichels@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Good morning all,

After sniffing for a couple of hours an ISP network, I got a bunch of
MSN Messenger traffic, like the packet below (I masked some chars to
protect the guy):

UBN xxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx 10 495
ACK MSNMSGR:xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx MSNSLP/1.0
To: <msnmsgr:xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: <msnmsgr:xxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Via: MSNSLP/1.0/TLP ;branch={E6321020-D46B-4DBC-A799-BD8F1C686B6D}
CSeq: 0
Call-ID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Max-Forwards: 0

ServerAddress: 207.46.112.175
SessionUsername: IZm4/GI6rJdhxxxxxxxxxxXaDENO5bRyJWUjvs8ChwX+BOmy
SessionPassword: 7Y0pJxxxxxxxc8b8HQ/4bw==

I was wondering how could I crack these hashes. They don't seem to be
neither MD5 nor SHA. The SessionUsername has always 48 digits, and the
SessionPassword has always 24. Does anyone know what type of cipher
does MSN use? And is there some tool to attempt dictionary attacks
against them?

Please note that I am NOT talking about the stuff stored by MSN in the
registry when you check the option "remember my password". I mean the
hashes transmitted by MSN over the network.

Thanks

--
("Computers are useless. They can only give you answers." - Pablo Picasso)

Shreyas Zare
Co-Founder, Technitium
eMail: shreyas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

..::< The Technitium Team >::..