Re: anonymous Zonetransfer (AXFR) exploatation

Dave Howe wrote:
Radu Oprisan wrote:
LordDoskias wrote:

The best thing that I can think if to use the information obtained
from the zone transfer. Perhaps some "private" hosts will come up that
you can look into? To my mind AXFR transfers should be considered as
part of the reconnaissance stage of a pen-test.

Actually, they were, a long time ago.

Bearing in mind of course that it is considered an illegal hacking technique by American courts :)

I only knew of one state where this happened. does that expand to other states?