Re: Pentesting tool - Commercial

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Andre Gironda wrote:

Core Impact is fine, but what about the other 400 exploits packaged
with CANVAS, Gleg/Argeniss, and Metasploit? I haven't even included
the CANVAS sharing alliance or D2 pack statistics, which I don't
really have readily available. Core Impact barely has 200 exploits
all by itself.

Core is currently at 463 modules with 661 exploit target entry points. But your point about other applications to look at is valid, especially Canvas. Metasploit is great when you want to play with the code guts etc but if you require spiffy reports it is not the app's forte.

Just sayin'

--
Erin Carroll

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

  • Re: Core Impact vs. Canvas vs. Metasploit
    ... - Metasploit & CANVAS work awesome, but lack the report features of CORE IMPACT ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your results from other product. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Pentesting tool - Commercial
    ... This doesn't mean I don't like or use Metasploit, Canvas or any other...I just want to point out that the quality of a product is not based a number, and Core Impact has proven its quality many times, and in many ways. ... Erin Carroll wrote: ... with CANVAS, Gleg/Argeniss, and Metasploit? ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] New tool for pentesting
    ... both Canvas and Impact had the same pivoting features years ... before Metasploit (and yes, that includes the entire Windows API too). ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)