testing an installer

Hi,

I am new to penetration testing and am doing security testing on an
installer. I need some help on "how to figure out every file & registry
entry an installer reads & writes".

Any tools that can help me find this info?

Regards,
Reema.

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

  • Re: testing an installer
    ... I am new to penetration testing and am doing security testing on an ... entry an installer reads & writes". ... buy it or download a solution FREE today! ... You can do that with active registry monitor which has option to ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: office update is unable to check for updates
    ... Windows Installer version 1.0 to Windows Installer version 1.1. ... Here is another post I saw on the forums that seems to have work for other users, but it requires advanced knowledge of the OS, basically registry editing, so please be careful if you try it. ... we need to manually delete all the registry keys for Office. ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Office unable to update
    ... You installed Office updates in the past and then upgraded from Windows Installer version 1.0 to Windows Installer version 1.1. ... basically registry editing, so please be careful if you try it. ... Delete the following registry keys if they exist: ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Windows Installer patch files (.MSP files) from previously app
    ... The installer patch never opens for me. ... understand why Microsoft are not addressing this issue. ... delete registry entries is not an acceptable solution. ... If you use Registry Editor ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • RE: Fix for Office repair and Office Updates install fail
    ... This resolves the install problem with the last Office updates. ... Tried the often suggested method of using the Windows Installer Cleanup ... aware that it involves a lot of registry editing, but it did fix ALL of my ... Delete the following registry keys if they exist: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)