Re: Skype

Any ideas how to profile skype traffic and possibly block it? I've heard
rumors that cisco content switch can detect skype traffic and block in
90% of the cases? Any ideas on this topic and general skype security
risks for the corporate environment?

Hello,

I read recently about blocking skype. BlueSocket Proxy Applyance http://bluecoat.com/ can do it and CheckPoint Interspect
http://www.checkpoint.com/products/interspect/.
And there are some others but I don't remember the names.

Laters,

misiu

--
No discipline is ever requisite to force attendance upon lectures
which are really worth the attending.

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

  • Risks Digest 26.66
    ... Underpublicized risks of mobile devices ... Skype flaw reveals users' location, ... "Security researchers say HP printers vulnerable to hackers" ... Sneaky Mobile Ads Invade Android Phones ...
    (comp.risks)
  • Risks Digest 26.46
    ... Skype is reportedly reverse-engineered: ... Excerpted items from Lauren Weinstein's Network Neutrality Squad (PGN) ... On the risks of an incompletely implemented idea ... ATMs for Bank of America. ...
    (comp.risks)
  • Risks Digest 24.81
    ... Tokyo subway train misses a station ... Problem that knocked out Skype has happened many times in the PSTN ... Risks of randomly evaporating letters ... Chinese Village Name Change Sparks Chaos ...
    (comp.risks)
  • Re: Skype singled out as threat to Russias security | U.S. | Reuters
    ... they said were the risks of Skype and other Voice over Internet Protocol ...
    (soc.culture.baltics)