Re: Cain & Able man in the middle attack

If you use cisco switches, you can use dhcp snooping, dynamic arp inspection, and ip source guard.

Kyle

James Bensley wrote:
I too have performed MITM attacks on my network with Cain & Able. Also
having grabbed a few HTTP and FTP passwords seeing that it was
successful I now need to secure my self against these attacks but how
can I do this? Would static MAC mappings in my hosts files do the
trick?

Thanks for your time
Bensley.

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

  • RE: Block OS Detection
    ... Need to secure your web apps NOW? ... Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast. ... buy it or download a solution FREE today! ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Astalavista?
    ... Need to secure your web apps NOW? ... Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast. ... buy it or download a solution FREE today! ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Port Scanner Challenge Revisited: Nmap, Unicornscan, Portbunny
    ... Need to secure your web apps NOW? ... Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast. ... buy it or download a solution FREE today! ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Security Grade
    ... Need to secure your web apps NOW? ... Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast. ... buy it or download a solution FREE today! ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Gear