Re: Skype

There is a free ware called "SKYPEKILLER" which may be of use if you
have the admin rights in your domain. It simply removes skype from all
hosts remotely. Some of my clients benefited from it in the past, but
it's not a total solution.

I think the best way is to restrict the use of this and similar tools
with a user policy (aka Acceptable Use Policy, Computer Use Policy,
Security Policy, etc.).

Then you might consider configuration management solutions as well
implementing the necessary policies into the firewall ruleset.

Cheers,

Erkan

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Skype through a firewall?
    ... Then you've failed policy 101. ... Skype desktop application must work. ... applications to work through the firewall, ... Opening a HTTPS proxy for Skype requires at a minimum permitting ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Secure Boot Settings "on." Cant turn "off" on local system.
    ... >I cannot turn off the Secure Boot Settings for logon, ... or I don't have admin rights. ... >group policy since there is no PDC and I do have admin ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Sidewinder and Skype
    ... Yes, socks is evil. ... So you could permit Skype but not ... ... that's not the job of a firewall. ... "application X adheres to our policy". ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: all domain user should have admin rights on single computer
    ... Create a new OU move the compouter to it, create a new GPO and use Restricted Groups from Computer configuration>Windows settings>Restricted Groups Here you can configure the settings for your needs. ... If you are ready with it, rightclick the policy name and check the securoty tab that apply Group policy is checked. ... I want that all the domains user should have the admin rights on a ... computer using the domain he can hve the complete admin rights. ...
  • Re: allow users to run application
    ... > you will find users denied access to the application folder in program ... > user computer use policy. ... The link below explains SRP more. ... >>I have a bunch of application that needs admin rights to run. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)