Skype

Any ideas how to profile skype traffic and possibly block it? I've heard rumors that cisco content switch can detect skype traffic and block in 90% of the cases? Any ideas on this topic and general skype security risks for the corporate environment?

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

  • Re: Skype
    ... rumors that cisco content switch can detect skype traffic and block in ... Need to secure your web apps NOW? ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Cat 2924
    ... Copyright 1986-2004 by cisco Systems, ... BOX in both H/W and S/W, compared to a C2924-XL Switch... ... FastEthernet0/1 failed front-end loopback test ... to make the port configuration "visible", you need to apply 2 commands ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: VPN over wireless
    ... I personally use Cisco since I am Cisco Certified. ... Support with a Cisco Switch it would work. ... on my network - and no success. ... You will still the need the Router to issue DHCP and ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cat 2924
    ... Copyright 1986-2004 by cisco Systems, ... BOX in both H/W and S/W, compared to a C2924-XL Switch... ... FastEthernet0/1 failed front-end loopback test ... to make the port configuration "visible", you need to apply 2 commands ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Brocade / Cisco interop issue
    ... By bouncing the host port connected to the Cisco switch you're causing the ... to see if this removes the Brocade failure. ...
    (comp.arch.storage)