Re: Re: Password Crack an OU in Windows 2003

No you don't. However, the main issue appears to be cracking a limited subset of the AD database.

Michael, assuming you have been able to dump the username/hashes from a DC to a file could you just get a listing of the appropriate users (net group? I'm going on a leap of faith that they will all have at least one group in common as they are all in the same OU, or use Hyena etc) and filter out all of the other username/hashes prior to cracking?

Ben.

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

  • Re: Security not clicking
    ... looked good until I copied the secured database to the network. ... Joan Wild wrote: ... When I rejoin the system mdw, ... split the database when it is secure or when it is not secure? ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Word 2007 Missing User Level Securitty - ARRRGGGGHHHH What were they thinking?
    ... File servers aren't secure? ... Access predates Windows security, ... database system has never been updated or kept current. ... the OS-based database server product, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: security wizard cannot be run
    ... You need to open your database using your secured mdw (i.e. the desktop ... Open Access (not via the shortcut). ... Create a new mdb and import everything from your 'secure' mdb. ... Once the database opens, the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: security wizard cannot be run
    ... OK - I opened the database using the secure mdw using a username and password. ... I granted full permissions to the user group. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • RE: Report based on rst in other database
    ... Either the user has already joined the other workgroup file as ... secure database won't be accessible to the user). ... Use VBA code to connect to the secure database, then open up the report ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)