Re: Block OS Detection

On 8/31/07, Attari Attari <c70n3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All:

Is there a PRACTICAL solution from PRODUCTION
environments that can be used to block OS detection
from tools like NMAP? I googled and read some notes
but couldn't find a real world solution to blocking
Windows & Linux OS detection.

Such solutions and their limits are documented on the NMAP web page
http://insecure.org/nmap/misc/defeat-nmap-osdetect.html
(6th Google hit for "netfilter OS detection") and usually employ a Linux-Netfilter or *BSD-PF firewall.

Bye

Volker

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads
    ... >Using XP SP2s Internet Explorer, in Google, i used the following search ... >When the results return from google a trojan comes along as well, ... >You can find Greyhats Security at its old address, ... >> detection, please download the extra.dat files below which will correct ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Supersymmetry Question
    ... Google groups is losing my posts right and left so I ... impression that we could not physically realise susy transformations ... in the same way that we can realise, say, rotations (by rotating our ... For that matter Google for axion +detection and you'll see several ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Fax/modem detection
    ... do you have idea how reliable is tone matching alone as fax detection, ... Google makes this wonderful search tool for ti. ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: Block OS Detection
    ... Is there a PRACTICAL solution from PRODUCTION ... environments that can be used to block OS detection ... from tools like NMAP? ... Windows & Linux OS detection. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • [Full-disclosure] [TOOL] w3af - Web Application Attack and Audit Framework
    ... Framework), a fully automated auditing and exploiting framework for ... SQL injection detection ... Hmap, http fingerprinting. ... fingerGoogle, finds valid user accounts in google. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)