From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of John Brazel
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 10:01 AM
To: Attari Attari
Cc: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Block OS Detection

OpenBSD's pf firewall has a 'scrub' option that allows normalisation
of various TCP header fields, as well as fragment re-assembly and the
like.

J.

On 8/31/07, Attari Attari <c70n3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All:

Is there a PRACTICAL solution from PRODUCTION
environments that can be used to block OS detection
from tools like NMAP? I googled and read some notes
but couldn't find a real world solution to blocking
Windows & Linux OS detection.

I'm quite sure I'll get the right inputs here.

Thank you.

Attari

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on
http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

  • RE: Block OS Detection
    ... Need to secure your web apps NOW? ... Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast. ... buy it or download a solution FREE today! ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Astalavista?
    ... Need to secure your web apps NOW? ... Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast. ... buy it or download a solution FREE today! ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Port Scanner Challenge Revisited: Nmap, Unicornscan, Portbunny
    ... Need to secure your web apps NOW? ... Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast. ... buy it or download a solution FREE today! ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Security Grade
    ... Need to secure your web apps NOW? ... Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast. ... buy it or download a solution FREE today! ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Gear