Re: Modem Finder

If their paying for GPRS service, they're not using your network
resources; it's no different
than if they paid for WLAN access at the coffee shop down the street
and did their work from
there, because the IT policies forced them to work thusly.

Securing networks that one owns is difficult enough. Trying to secure
the transitive closure
of your network is, to be modest, near impossible.

You might be able to detect people that have bridging turned on, or
other such misconfigurations,
but the general case is not going to be a well defined problem.