Re: AES-256 encryption

But this tools can tell you if the correct key was found? Or you need to see every output that the tool does.

Bye

On 16/08/2007, at 12:49, adrian.floarea wrote:

As I say to Kush in a private email, it is almost impossible to crack a file which is encrypted in a proper way with AES.

But, if the password used for encryption is a week password (like 1234 or abcd etc) with a specialized tool you can break the encryption.

Even, if the password is weak some tools cannot decrypt the files, because do not understand the format of the document (for example, if the document is a PKCS#7 structure), so in this case you must use an appropriate tool.

This was the sense of my words.

Hope to help you.

Regards,

Adrian Floarea, CISA
Business Development Manager
SC CERTSIGN srl
Central Business Park
133, Calea Şerban Vodă St., Building C1, 2nd floor
040205 Bucharest 4, Romania