[TOOL] TXDNS 2.1.5. An aggressive multithreaded DNS brute-forcer

Hi everyone,

TXDNS [http://www.txdns.net] 2.1.5 is out. This an intermediary release for
the upcoming 2.2 version. This release implements DNS queries against
multiple DNS servers, a more efficient threading algorithm and some minor
bug fixes.

To use along with the new feature you'll find on the download area a
start-up list of know open/public dns servers that I have extracted from
VivilProject's list of public DNS servers. Bear in mind that I can not
guarantee that all DNS servers will remain open :-) and thus you may come
across with some false-negatives by the time that some of them gets closed
or discontinued. I'll keep an eye on VivilProject web site and and try to
update de list as much as I can. Feel free to report me closed servers or
any new open ones.

Usage example:
> txdns foo.com -rt -bb --min 1 --max 3 -sl dnslist.txt -x 50

Faster DNS servers will place more queries than others, so you may easily
compile a top 10 servers list by sniffing your own traffic.

At last but not at least, smalllist.txt has been updated and renamed to
namelist.txt. A few more links to public word lists are also available.

Cheers,
--
Arley Silveira
[http://www.txdns.net]

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

  • DNS Lookup Problem
    ... I currently am able to run a secure tunnel from my work computer ... link provided that lists all restricted domains. ... connections to what I deem to be the DNS servers at work. ... Is there some setting in PuTTY that I can change so that DNS ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Finding out how current DNS servers were set
    ... "DhcpNameServer" and the "NameServer" lists are equal (except for the ... > You can enumerate all DNS servers through IPHelper and check them against ... >> associated with an interface have been statically set or whether they are ... >> dynamically controlled by a DHCP server? ...
  • [Full-disclosure] [TOOL] TXDNS 2.1.5. An aggressive multithreaded DNS brute-forcer
    ... This release implements DNS queries against ... multiple DNS servers, a more efficient threading algorithm and some minor ... Feel free to report me closed servers or ... A few more links to public word lists are also available. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • DNS question
    ... Why does SBS not list outside DNS servers? ... Ipconfig only lists the server ... same with the SBS clients. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DNS queries in Windows XP Professional (SP2)
    ... I haven't ever scanned in safe mode (but I am religious about ... Ethereal would show if they are DNS queries or not ... bogus records that return the incorrect IP address to your computer. ... server and DNS servers usually start with ns or such in their name. ...