Re: Lab OS Choices

It just so happens I just converted about 90% of everything I own to
rackmount and put it in a 42U cabinet, every geeks dream right?

What are good choices for getting the OS as close to metal as
possible? VMWare Workstation in Windows XP probably wouldn't be a
good choice, haha, but is VMWare server a good option? Last time I
looked at Xen it seemed that there were limitations as to what
versions of Linux you could run, I sure there is a work around though.
Does the new virtualization technology in processors make a
difference as to how close different virtualization solutions can get
to a bare metal equivilent?

Thanks for the great information.

- Pete