Re: AES-256 encryption

Hi Kush,

Since AES is symmetric encryption algo, it shld not be
a problem to decrypt it using the correct key. I
suspect, the root cause maybe the following:

1) The AES algo used by the tool you used to encrypt
the file is not standard AES, some modification maybe
done to it. If it is standard AES using the standard
algo, logically it will not cause any problem.

2) Secret key generated by the tool itself to encrypt
the file has been modified to certain format such that
the file can only be decrypted by the same tool. If it
is pure secret key using publicly regconised format,
you should not encrounter the same problem.

3) Wrong key length.

4) Secret key cannot be found.

I suggest you provide more specific error generated
from the tool you use when you try to decrpyt..I think
that is more informative for us to help. Hope this
help. Thanks.

Regards,
Boon Chin

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

  • Re: Need secure block cipher for 96 bits of block size
    ... AES need 128 bits data blocks. ... If you need to send exactly 96 bits of ciphertext for 96 bits of plaintext ... Encrypt the first 64 bits of plaintext to give a first 64-bit block. ... To decrypt you first decrypt the second block, and append the last 32 bits ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: an encrypt arithmetic
    ... an example using 128-bit AES that I wrote last year. ... CIPHER MI to generate a secure random number that you can use as a salt ... One other thing the example does not do is encrypt ... DECRYPT_CHAR, DECRYPT_DB to decrypt the encrypted data. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • Re: encrypt / decrypt string with SHA512
    ... If you want to encrypt data and decrypt it later, look at AES or DES ...
  • Re: Size of Entropy with Dpapi Encrypted Connection String
    ... > I am doing TWO things with the dpapi. ... and the symmetric key is used to encrypt and decrypt info in a ... > that was the same number of bytes as the symmetric aes binary key, ... > decrypt some arbitrary text, ...
  • SMALL KEY SMALL BLOCK vs LARGE KEY SINGLE FILE BLOCK
    ... I don't yet know what the analysis of SCOTT19U will bring ... blocks of data to encrypt the same. ... think the winner of the AES competation did the best ... block and small keyed systems are. ...
    (sci.crypt)