Re: NMAP Concurrent Scans

On 8/10/07, Clone <en0lc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to NMAP. I have a curious question that I
wanted to get expert opinion on...

I was wondering whether running SYN, FIN, XMAS, NULL
and ACK scans in parallel on a target generate false
results. Since same client IP is asking for opening &
closing a connection on target machine will it not
render some ports open and other closed in the
report?

No...the TCP connections required are based on the sequence numbers
generated by the source port. each flow is identified by source port
and sequence numbers. i'm not sure what's the source port generating
algorithms are used by nmap though.

--
Rajat Swarup

http://rajatswarup.blogspot.com/