From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of IRM
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 11:43 PM
To: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Tools for pen test,

For the sake of completeness, every time I perform a penetration testing I
need to PING, NSLOOUKUP, TRACERT, etc. The problem is that tools like PING
only can accept single IP Address so every time I do a penetration testing
for multiple IPs, I need to execute the ping command manually and save all
the corresponding evidence. I knew tools like NMAP can perform ping for
multiple IP addresses with single command but I still wanted to use legacy
*Nix tools like ping, nslookup, etc.

I was wondering has anyone in here had a shell script that can execute tools
like ping, nslookup and pipe it into a file? Or knew a shell script that can
do this kind of job?

To give you an illustration, the shell script that I am looking for should
can perform this kind of job.

Program 192.168.0.1-20 -> will ping (using *nix ping command from host ID
192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.20 and save all the output into a file

Cheers,
John

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

  • Re: Nmap
    ... But when you scan for machines that do not answer to ping (it means ... answer with an echo reply for each echo request), ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: ask for sample ping source code without IP protocal stack
    ... > a ping echo program based on the ethernet driver, ... > and ICMP header are correct, but Windows ping can not receive my echo. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] ECHO Protocol
    ... Yes, I know that there are alternate "ping" programs that will allow you to use TCP, UDP or possibly anything that programmer could think of, but the traditional ping uses ICMP. ... Two of the ICMP types are referred to as echo and echo reply, which are the ICMP types used for ping. ... Ping command in Windows uses ICMP protocol, while others say that Ping uses ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • dhclient doesnt respond to DHCP OFFER
    ... It has two pcmcia nework cards - one connected to ... Echo (ping) request ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Remote pinging dilemma
    ... > need to ping each client one time, and then return the computername or IP ... echo ws name1 ... ... rem here goes the rest of the list ... ... find "Reply" %WRK%> nul ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)