From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of IRM
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 11:43 PM
To: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Tools for pen test,

For the sake of completeness, every time I perform a penetration testing I
need to PING, NSLOOUKUP, TRACERT, etc. The problem is that tools like PING
only can accept single IP Address so every time I do a penetration testing
for multiple IPs, I need to execute the ping command manually and save all
the corresponding evidence. I knew tools like NMAP can perform ping for
multiple IP addresses with single command but I still wanted to use legacy
*Nix tools like ping, nslookup, etc.

I was wondering has anyone in here had a shell script that can execute tools
like ping, nslookup and pipe it into a file? Or knew a shell script that can
do this kind of job?

To give you an illustration, the shell script that I am looking for should
can perform this kind of job.

Program 192.168.0.1-20 -> will ping (using *nix ping command from host ID
192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.20 and save all the output into a file

Cheers,
John

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

  • Re: [SLE] emailing myself when a ping command fails via crontab????
    ... but I have a perl script to monitor a webserver. ... First the script tries to ping it's DNS servers, ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: ICMP (Ping)
    ... script to locate vulnerabilities(example point and case: ... Is it good to allow UDP ping packets? ... Guys again, I am not saying that you disable pings and walk away, job ... 300K and you guys are right, it port scans like a freaking demon. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Tools for pen test,
    ... Subject: Tools for pen test, ... The problem is that tools like PING ... I was wondering has anyone in here had a shell script that can execute tools ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: How to run script (sleep360) without delaying bootup
    ... I don't think they would mind Now the script you sent this morning which I don't have in front of me I would think could do the job. ... Maybe you could ping then see if there a command to dealy the time servers and then let them run. ... Pinging a server on the Internet isn't really the problem, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Trouble with Net::Ping
    ... And now here is what I get using ping manually: ... Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: ... The manual execution of ping happened just before and just after my ... they are clearly accessable when manually invoking ping, the script ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)