Tools for pen test,

For the sake of completeness, every time I perform a penetration testing I
need to PING, NSLOOUKUP, TRACERT, etc. The problem is that tools like PING
only can accept single IP Address so every time I do a penetration testing
for multiple IPs, I need to execute the ping command manually and save all
the corresponding evidence. I knew tools like NMAP can perform ping for
multiple IP addresses with single command but I still wanted to use legacy
*Nix tools like ping, nslookup, etc.

I was wondering has anyone in here had a shell script that can execute tools
like ping, nslookup and pipe it into a file? Or knew a shell script that can
do this kind of job?

To give you an illustration, the shell script that I am looking for should
can perform this kind of job.

Program 192.168.0.1-20 -> will ping (using *nix ping command from host ID
192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.20 and save all the output into a file

Cheers,
John

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

  • Re: Tools for pen test,
    ... The problem is that tools like PING ... *Nix tools like ping, nslookup, etc. ... I was wondering has anyone in here had a shell script that can execute tools ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Error Message Accessing Email when Connected to Another ISP
    ... > This using HOW TO ACCESS YOUR EMAIL WITH MICROSOFT OUTLOOK EXPRESS WHEN CONNECTED TO ANOTHER ISP for AT&T ... Here is the result of nslookup using one of worldnet.att.net name ... Don't worry if the ping -n 1 is unsuccessful. ... While you're in the command line also check to see if there is a server ...
  • RE: trust help.
    ... When I ping b.com, it still shows the ... Do you see any problem if we need to establish a forest trust? ... If you are getting a different address when pinging and using NSLOOKUP on ... If I do nslookup b.com and it returns all their internal DNS IPs. ...
  • Re: NDR to ONE domain only
    ... Telnet to your ping result IP on port 25 and report back to us! ... lyo-t.com NS (Nameserver) ns3.paetec.net ... lyo-t.com MX (Mail Exchanger) Priority: ... My nslookup results from an XP command prompt: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: NSLOOKUP & PING to external targhet NOT working
    ... > PING to external target only works from the isa box and not the ... > to out ISP DNS ... > i can ping only form isabox and i can't nslookup to external source ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)