Blue Team ROE

List,

I wanted to send out a general email asking the members of this list their professional opinions on being limited during a Blue Team pen-test. I have a govt customer that is trying deny us the ability to remove password hashes/files from the system for cracking, write procedures for every tool/exploit that could be possibly executed, not allow the loading of any tools/exploits on target systems, things like that..... Of course my reaction is that my company will not perform the assessment with such restrictions, what are some thoughts from this list on this subject?