From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Baris Erdogan
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 3:13 AM
To: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: nmap -S option

Hello,

When i use "nmap -sS targetaddress -S spoofaddress -e eth0"
command, nmap does not show open ports at end of scan.
i wanna know whether this is normal case or not.
do i misuse nmap options?
Because when i use nmap with "nmap -sS targetaddress", nmap
shows me open ports at the end of scan.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Baris Erdogan

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.

http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php
?camp=701600000008bOW

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.

http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php?camp=701600000008bOW

  • Re: nmap -S option
    ... so the replies are going back to that spoffed address. ... Because when i use nmap with "nmap -sS targetaddress", nmap shows me open ports at the end of scan. ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: nmap -S option
    ... target will reply too? ... nmap does not show open ports at end of scan. ... Need to secure your web apps? ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RV: nmap -S option
    ... Consultor de Seguridad ... Asunto: nmap -S option ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ... Informacion siendo para uso exclusivo del destinatario, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Automated Nmap Scans / Front End
    ... Automated Nmap Scans / Front End ... Need to secure your web apps? ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Service Identification
    ... I had the same behavior with one my boxes (nmap sees an open port but not ... one, NFR BOF under Window$ and IPtrap under Linux, but any "better" honeypot ... Nmap running against them found TCP/23 open (even if there were NO REAL ... service listenig on these ports)...but when telneting the target, ...
    (Pen-Test)