De : listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Marco Ramilli
Envoyé : vendredi 19 janvier 2007 09:56
À : pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: Automated Nmap Scans / Front End

tom jones wrote:
Hello,
I am responsible for monitoring hundreds of machines over thousands of
external IP addresses. I currently run nmap manually once a week and
import the results into Excel to compare them with the previous week
to find hosts that are new and also take note of those that have been
taken off the Internet. I am looking for a web front end, batch
process, or similar that would meet the following requirements.

-Input file of external IP ranges I am responsible for -Have the tool
scan all ranges to determine responding IPs -Compare results to
previous week and note exceptions -Scheduling capability to have this
take place weekly

Well,
I am using Nagios to monitor my networks.
You'll find Nagios in nagios.org. It is a very complex but intuitive distributed tools' set to monitor many network's services .

Moreover if you are looking for more functionality have a look to http://www.nagiosexchange.org/ in this community you'll find much manuals, plug in and add ons for your Nagios.

From a quick search, I found these two tools that I
might try out if I have
time. I have not heard of them before and have not had a chance to
read up on their capabilities:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gwmos/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cancerbero/

I am also interested to hear thoughts on the best way to do host
discovery.
Many of our firewalls will block ICMP requests which is fast and not
complete. Scanning for every TCP and UDP port can take days. I'm
looking for a good middle ground that would be fairly complete but not
take an excessive amount of time. I currently scan for about
15 common TCP ports
which takes about half of a day.

I have the ability to run these on either a Windows XP machine or a
web server (php, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.

http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php?camp=70
1600000008bOW

Dott. Ing. Marco Ramilli aka eth0up
- http://--