Re: Virtual environments security
- From: Luke Eckley <luke@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:46:31 -0800
On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 10:56:35AM -0200, Michel Pereira wrote:
I saw a problem last week when I logged into a Guest OS hosted at a
Virtual Server. I installed ethereal and saw all the traffic that
goes to the entire server, no only my virtual server.
I wanna known if this is a configuration problem of a normal
behavior of every Virtual Machine environment (maybe Vmware has this
This is because the guest hosts all share the same virtual network
device on the host. I had this problem when setting up some honeypots
using vmware. I solved the problem by making new vmware virtual network
devices and putting the guests on separate devices.
There is one problem with this approach that I haven't really had the
time to investigate --- the guest hosts in this system will not be able
to communicate with each other...
- Prev by Date: Re: Banner Grabbing
- Next by Date: Re: Traceroute question
- Previous by thread: Re: Virtual environments security
- Next by thread: Re: Virtual environments security