Re: identifying images in a binary

If you are just looking to carve the images from it, there are lots of
tools out there to do this. The first ones which come to mind are
FTimes (ftimes.sourceforge.net), which just won the DFRWS contest for
their file carving challenge, and foremost (foremost.sourcefourge.com).

If you feed in the header signatures for the pgm files they should be
able to grab any images out of the usb stream.

Tyler

offset wrote:
I'm currently looking at a usb fingerprint reader and I'm needing some tools for identifying media (images) from a binary stream.

I'd like to run a tool against a usb dump and identify any fingerprint images (ie. pgm format, etc)

regards

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.
http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php?camp=701600000008bOW

  • RE: identifying images in a binary
    ... Have a look at foremost, it can recover files based on there headers, footers and internal data structures. ... I'm currently looking at a usb fingerprint reader and I'm needing some tools for identifying media (images) from a binary stream. ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ... Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE. ...
    (Pen-Test)