RE: identifying images in a binary

Have a look at foremost, it can recover files based on there headers, footers and internal data structures. Works nicely.

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of offset
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 10:29 AM
To: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: identifying images in a binary

I'm currently looking at a usb fingerprint reader and I'm needing some tools for identifying media (images) from a binary stream.

I'd like to run a tool against a usb dump and identify any fingerprint images (ie. pgm format, etc)

regards
--
offset - ubersecurity org
--

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.