RE: identifying images in a binary

Have a look at foremost, it can recover files based on there headers, footers and internal data structures. Works nicely.

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of offset
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 10:29 AM
To: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: identifying images in a binary

I'm currently looking at a usb fingerprint reader and I'm needing some tools for identifying media (images) from a binary stream.

I'd like to run a tool against a usb dump and identify any fingerprint images (ie. pgm format, etc)

regards
--
offset - ubersecurity org
--

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.
http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php?camp=701600000008bOW

  • Re: Corrupt media
    ... were .jpeg, some .gif, one was a .pict, sizes varied. ... Because the internal data structures of the images were most likely ... At worst the process decoding ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • identifying images in a binary
    ... I'm currently looking at a usb fingerprint reader and I'm needing some tools for identifying media (images) from a binary stream. ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: identifying images in a binary
    ... If you feed in the header signatures for the pgm files they should be ... able to grab any images out of the usb stream. ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ...
    (Pen-Test)