Re: Small hardware network sniffer - does it exist? - yup

hi ya javier

Javier Reyna Padilla wrote:

Thats exactly what I was going to recommend.

1. buy a soekris box
2. install linux on it
3. put network interfaces in bridge mode --- use bridge modules in
kernel and bridge-utils
4. use iptables and ip-queue module
5.- install snort and run with -Q switch
6. send oll traffic from iptables to snort (snort-inline).
7. Cancel your social lief
8. buy a ton of coffe for reading all logs/capture
9. have fun!

NetworkNightare.com has all that installed and running,
but unfortunately or not, its a commercial product based on
wrap instead of soekris

c ya
alvin

FocusHacks wrote:
http://www.soekris.com/

They have some pretty small machines that are essentially headless
486s that can run BSD or Linux, and many of them have
power-over-ethernet, multiple NICs, WiFi ability, etc.

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.
http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php?camp=701600000008bOW

  • Re: Problems with repartitioning a HP Pavilion Laptop
    ... I used the Windows partitioning utility to resize the Windows partition so I would have some unused space where I could install Linux. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: PPPoE and WiFi Router problem
    ... >- if I remove the Bridge and end up messing up, how could I get the MAC ... >Should I set a System Restore point first? ... When you un install Advanced Network Components or whatever it is (I don't the ... If removing the bridge causes problems, ...
  • Re: Anyone using a Roland GK3?
    ... way to get the pickup balanced across strings. ... install severla times to get it right. ... bridge and the back of the bridge pickup from the pix because you need ... about 3/4" to use the ABR bridge mount piece, ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Windows Common LISP
    ... I just know that there are numerous people using Windows as ... Common LISP (previous posts to the contrary notwithstanding; ... make room for a new partition where to install linux and install it there. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Bridge Baron version 15
    ... Bridge Baron computer bridge to practice with. ... It has an official looking cd case, install cd and instruction ...
    (rec.games.bridge)