From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of xun dong
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:32 PM
To: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Social Engineering Data set

Hello list;

I am currently doing research on Social Engineering Attacks. Unlike the
technical hack, I found that there is few useful and well documented SE
attack examples on the Internet. So I decided to create a data set for SE
attacks, and I am willing to publish it for free on the Internet.

However, I think only my own experience would not be able to make this
dataset as comprehensive as possible. So I would like to ask for help on
this list. If you think you have SE attack examples, you can email me.
Of course for confidential reason you should not use the real name in your
example. If you don't mind I will also publish your name along with the
example you provided. Thanks a lot in advance. I hope this could be a step
forwards in protecting against SE attacks.

--
Xun Dong
Research Associate

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE The NSA has
designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information
Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and
the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.
http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php?camp=701600000008bOW

  • Re[2]: Social Engineering Data set
    ... I am currently doing research on Social Engineering Attacks. ... Norwich University ... Need to secure your web apps? ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Social Engineering Data set
    ... just do not limit it to "social engineering" as ... SE attacks, and I am willing to publish it for free on the Internet. ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Man in the middle attack help
    ... believe that it also has tools to do ssl/ssh mitm attacks as well. ... vulnerability management needs. ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Vuln Scanning software choices
    ... Metasploit is a free version of pen test tool, ... Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, ... vulnerability management needs. ...