Re[4]: Informing Companies about security vulnerabilities...

I'm on a mailing list from a publishing company. They send out HTML formatted email, I use a POP client that can be toggled to not render HTML. Consequently I get something that looks like this:

==========snip==============

Adobe Adds Blogging to Contribute 4
<http://www.econtentmag.com/Articles/ArticleReader.aspx?ArticleID=18335>

Adobe Systems Incorporated has announced the immediate availability of
Adobe Contribute 4 software, a new version of its web publishing
solution designed for business, education, and government workers to
contribute content to the web without having to learn HTML.
[
http://www.econtentmag.com/Articles/ArticleReader.aspx?ArticleID=18335]
[ Back to Contents...]

Now, clicking on the first link works correctly, however the second renders interesting results. Would my clicking on the second link be considered a trespass? A pen test? The form of the link is an artifact of the transmission of the email.

This is, of course, aside from the wisdom of displaying verbose error messages of the type found when clicking on this link.

---Matthew