From: "juanbabi@xxxxxxxxx" <juanbabi@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 23/09/06 16:06
Subject: cracking Y2k DC Admin password

Hi,

for a pen test in doing I got control on the server and logged as the
local admin. know I need to retrive the admin's password this is the
goal of the pen test from the client side. I know an easy way to crack
the sam file with a live linux cd but I cant boot the server it needs to
be allways up. I tried to use pwdump.exe but it tells me he cand find
the local ADMIN$ shere. so it wont work.does someone knows a good way to
retrive and crack the admin's password.I an really stuck on this...

thanks very much !

Juan

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.
http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php?camp=7016
00000008bOW

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.
http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php?camp=701600000008bOW

  • Re[4]: Informing Companies about security vulnerabilities...
    ... They send out HTML formatted email, I use a POP client that can be toggled to not render HTML. ... conduct a pen test? ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Core Impact Vs Manual Pen Test
    ... Core Impact Vs Manual Pen Test ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: The legal / illegal line?
    ... Offer to do a free lightweight pen test for the company. ... Varun V Nair ... On 05/03/07, Philosophil wrote: ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • SPI firewall in between
    ... Recently we have started working on a black box pen test. ... that the IP's which we are given are behind a SPI firewall. ... tried running tcpdump along with hping, but I didnt get any clue about ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ...
    (Pen-Test)