Note from Moderator - Cross-list postings

All,

Lately I have received many submissions which are cross-posted to other
security-oriented mailing lists. I've allowed the majority of them to go
through as the subject matter has been relevant to pen-testing. However this
makes my job, and the jobs of the other cross-posted list moderators,
somewhat of a pain to keep track of and keep on topic for their respective
list charters. On the other hand, when I've rejected cross-posted
submissions with a note to please resubmit to pen-test with the cross-posts
dropped... well I can count the number of times that I've gotten a resubmit
with one hand and still have 5 fingers left over. Either way I try to handle
the issue results in posts to pen-test which are in the middle of a thread
or with no continuity at all and reduces the usefulness of what is
submitted.

Moving forward any submission which is cross-posted will be rejected. I will
still bounce-request that the submitter resend with cross-posts dropped but
bear in mind that it usually doesn't happen. I apologize in advance for any
confusion or incomplete discussions that may result but hope you bear with
me.

If there are any questions or suggestions please feel free to contact me off
list.

--
Erin Carroll
Moderator

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.
http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php

  • Re: [SLE] Re: [suse-sles-e] BackUp / restore in SUSE (SLES9 SP1, SP2) - is it broken?
    ... On Saturday 28 May 2005 10:49, Anders Norrbring wrote: ... > It brings chaos to the lists, and it cross-posts to both people and ... > lists that doesn't apply to your question! ...
    (SuSE)
  • Mailing list irregularities
    ... Lately I've noticed some irregularities with submissions not being parsed ... I've pinged some of the other SecurityFocus moderators on the high traffic ... Due to the popularity of the SecurityFocus lists they push ... Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: [PHP] Detecting naughty sites
    ... if a match is found put these submissions into a pending state waiting for ... like this in place you can fine-tune the keyword lists as the site develops ... Subject: [PHP] Detecting naughty sites ...
    (php.general)
  • Note from the Moderator: So long, farewell, and thanks for all the phish
    ... mail lists. ... people get their news and discussions, the daily flood of submissions ... David Ahmad will be taking over list moderation. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)