Re: What is being a pen tester really like?

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Diarmaid McManus wrote:

Apologies, I was under the impression from my quick read that Kluge
meant "Its a pen test if you don't _attempt_ a penetration" rather
than "Its a pen test if you _fail_ to penetrate".

However, no penetration test should fail. You should always be able to
get access if your client allows you to cover all areas, such as
Physical testing, Social Engineering, etc.

But that depends on the contract with the customer, doesn't it?
If the customer does not order the full program then full coverage
is not possible and a successful penetration may indeed not be
possible (in the given amount of time).
I agree, that with the full program there should be at least one
successful way in.

Regards,

Christine Kronberg.

Concerned about Web Application Security? Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only one to win the Analyst's Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web applications continue to rise, you need to proactively protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has the most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration testing and vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with a managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software (Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your results from other product. Contact us at request@xxxxxxxxxx for details.

  • Re: a opensource pentesters tools manual (ospttm) project.
    ... I have set on a project to make a penetration testing tools ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Which SQL is that? SQL Injection question
    ... > I am doing penetration test for client and have weird situation. ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, you need to proactively protect your applications from hackers. ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your results from other product. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Licensed Penetration Tester LPT
    ... Subject: Licensed Penetration Tester LPT ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Licensed Penetration Tester LPT
    ... Is there anyone out there who has taken LPT (Licensed Penetration Tester) certificate from e-council? ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Re: Penetration Testing a Firewalled Network
    ... Penetration Testing a Firewalled Network ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)