How to check an Executive's notebook

Hi

I have a client who is a very high powered Executive and he asked me to check
his notebook regarding security etc.
Actually this would be any easy task but he is not willing to hand over his
notebook to me and I am not allowed to retrieve any data from it.

Well how can you assess such a notebook and also the person's behaviour
regarding security (e.g. reading his private email via smtp and the like)?

The only idea I found so far is to re-direct the notebook's Internet traffic
through a proxy and then I can examine this traffic and give him some advice.

Any other ideas are very welcomed.

--
Regards,
Mike

Concerned about Web Application Security?
Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only one to win the Analyst's
Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web applications continue to rise,
you need to proactively protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has the
most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration
testing and vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with a
managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software
(Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can
help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php
And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your
results from other product. Contact us at request@xxxxxxxxxx for details.