RE: pentesting and macbook pro

They have a nessus client/server out for os x, that works pretty good,
I haven't tried to get rainbowcrack or john to work, but i fought with hydra for a while with no success.

but on the bright side everything i've tried to run through parallels worked perfectly, so i'm sure you won't have a problem running core.

From: "Kyle Starkey" <kstarkey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'DaKahuna'" <da.kahuna@xxxxxxxxx>, <pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: pentesting and macbook pro
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:04:34 -0600

Thanks for the input folks... I am trying to cost justify the $3K for my new
MBP right now (anyone have any good security/pentest focused reasons to go
this direction)... Has anyone had any problems compiling/running any of the
unix flavor tools in OSX (john, nessus, hydra, rainbow crack)? Or has
anyone had any problems with the windows stack being muddled thru paralles
and into OSX and as such stopping attack tools from working?

I know, I know... If you have a native *nix OS why would you be messing with
Windows... My only response is CORE...

Cheers
-K