RE: Autoresponders, Vacation messages

-----Original Message-----
From: Erin Carroll [mailto:amoeba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 2:19 AM
To: 'Tonnerre Lombard'
Cc: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Autoresponders, Vacation messages

Thanks for the tips. My sleep-deprived brain wasn't fully in
gear when sending that request to the list out. The
suggestion to unsubscribe was a last resort (or for people in
large organizations running Exchange where their calendaring
app will automate autoresponders for PTO but the chances of
getting their messaging team to setup filters is about as
likely as pigs flying...not that I have personal experience
with that *blink*).

Automatically unsubscribing them for them might be a security measure.
Now that everyone knows how is on vacation, and what networks are short
handed.

Concerned about Web Application Security?
Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only one to win the Analyst's
Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web applications continue to rise,
you need to proactively protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has the
most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration
testing and vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with a
managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software
(Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can
help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php
And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your
results from other product. Contact us at request@xxxxxxxxxx for details.

  • RE: Autoresponders, Vacation messages
    ... Subject: Autoresponders, Vacation messages ... Please either disable your autoresponder or unsubscribe ... Checked by AVG Free Edition. ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: OT: Subscribed addresses with auto-reply anti-spam systems
    ... > that have anti-spam autoresponders like this one. ... > subscription history and cross-reference that with the times that the ... references the DU and DD lists, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] There will be no reply-to-muning on this list
    ... "vacation" autoresponders, specially the ones sent by outlook. ... Of course the admin will unsubscribe that person, but it means manual intervention, by which time thousands emails may have already been sent round a thousand times, inundating us all. ...
    (SuSE)
  • exim4 vacation message issues
    ... I am wanting to NOT send vacation messages for some emails that have particular text in the subject header line, but I can't get it to work as desired. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Autoresponders, Vacation messages
    ... your list email sent where autoresponders are setup or in place... ... Please either disable your autoresponder or unsubscribe from the list ... don't answer to Precedence: bulk or Precedence: list ...
    (Pen-Test)