Re: Application level pentesting

Hard challenge,

My idea about this, if I would try to capture the
login credidentials somehow, would be to capture the
screen around the pointer (or even the entire screen)
each time it clicks.

Have secure phun,
Dan

--- intel96 <intel96@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To all,

I am pentesting an application that is written in
several languages but
is complied into a single application. So looking
at the application
with FxCop or Reflector for .NET apps does not work.

The application draws an image on the screen that
cannot be moved. The
image has two values username and password. The
application only
accepts mouse entries on a virtual keyboard, which
rotates every 60
seconds. The application form fields which are
masked with "*" cannot
be read with applications like Foundstone's Showin.
Microsoft Spy++
does cannot see the values in the form fields once
they are entered.

The application writes nothing to the registry that
can be used.

The application uses the following items when
running:

1. InternetFortezzaCard - part of WININET.dll
2. InternetInitializedAutoProxyDll - part of
WININET.dll
3. MSWSOCK.dll
4. USER32.dll
5. Kernel32.dll

Sending random data to the open UDP (Foundstone
UDPflood) and TCP
(Foundstone Blast) ports does not crash the
application.

Cramming random data into the username field does
nothing.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to
pentest the application
deeper?

Thanks,

Intel96

Concerned about Web Application Security?
Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only
one to win the Analyst's
Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web
applications continue to rise,
you need to proactively protect your applications
from hackers. Cenzic has the
most comprehensive solutions to meet your
application security penetration
testing and vulnerability management needs. You have
an option to go with a
managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an
enterprise software
(Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how
a managed service can
help you:
http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php
And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit
for you to confirm your
results from other product. Contact us at
request@xxxxxxxxxx for details.

Concerned about Web Application Security?
Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only one to win the Analyst's
Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web applications continue to rise,
you need to proactively protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has the
most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration
testing and vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with a
managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software
(Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can
help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php
And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your
results from other product. Contact us at request@xxxxxxxxxx for details.

  • RE: Application level pentesting
    ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, ... most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Publishing Findings on Commercial Applications
    ... Publishing Findings on Commercial Applications ... most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Application level pentesting
    ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, ... most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: New Tools
    ... protect your applications from hackers. ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help ... most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Sniff telnet connections
    ... you need to proactively protect your applications ... most comprehensive solutions to meet your ... Download FREE whitepaper on how ...
    (Pen-Test)