Re: Streamed Data

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim" Subject: Re: Streamed Data

I must say that I am a little confused on what he means by 'streamed
together'. It is stated that encryption was not used nor was it
password protected (trivial anyway) so it sounds to me like security
through obsecurity or an attempt to throw some random words out to
confuse people in thinking that 'streaming' is a security measure. I
know that there are many instances where there is a lot of data moving
in a direction and is being streamed to that system (example:
streaming feeds from a multimedia source or streaming transactions
to/from a database). Even in those instances I don't see how that
would protect the information. If it is not encrypted then I don't see
how the information can remain confidential.

The MSNBC article references two disclosures, Equifax and ING. The statement about not being 'password protected or encrypted' refers to the latter and 'streamed together' refers to the former. Perhaps 'streamed together' means Steganos?

--Michael