RE: Restoring ssh session

If my memory serves me correct this same question was answered on
this list back in Oct 2005. Search for "ssh brute force"
site:securityfocus.com and you might be able to dig up the thread.
Otherwise you might get lucky and the original poster may reply.

"Unix is user-friendly. It's just very selective about who its
friends are."

"foringer@xxxxxxxxx" <foringer@xxxxxxxxx>
No Phone Info Available
05/22/2006 03:14 AM

pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Restoring ssh session

Hello list members!!!
For the purpose of security my few FreeBSD servers with SSH daemons on
default ports, I need to collect passwords, which
intruders uses for breaking attempts. In my log files, I can only
monitor invalid names, but no passwords. So, is there any
possibility to log passwords which intruders uses in there evil hacks?

Best regards, Nik

Concerned about Web Application Security?
Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only one to win the
Analyst's
Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web applications continue to
rise,
you need to proactively protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has
the
most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration

testing and vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with
managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software
(Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can
help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php
And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your

results from other product. Contact us at request@xxxxxxxxxx for details.

Concerned about Web Application Security? Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only one to win the Analyst's Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web applications continue to rise, you need to proactively protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has the most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration testing and vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with a managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software (Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your results from other product. Contact us at request@xxxxxxxxxx for details.

  • Re: Will the real hacker please stand up and raise their hand
    ... security concepts, but cannot run a sniffer to save their life, ... Subject: Hackers and Employment ... managed service or an enterprise software ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: CISSP-ISSMP
    ... Luckily the school also teaches Security++, and he's good with XP so he switches to that instead, and uses a cheat sheet to pass. ... it's normal to see a test king poking out from the study guide of a lot of students in certification classes. ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Walmart using WEP
    ... Subject: Walmart using WEP ... Concerned about Web Application Security? ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: What is being a pen tester really like?
    ... > Subject: RE: What is being a pen tester really like? ... >>> a career in security and pen testing. ... >> managed service or an enterprise software ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: privelege escalation with .bat files
    ... >Concerned about Web Application Security? ... As attacks through web applications continue to ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)