Re: to dsniff or not to dsniff

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Robin Wood wrote:

Thanks for the recommendations, I'm going to get it installed and play
with it as everyone seems to be saying that it is worth it.

I'm running ArchLinux distro and I'm fairly new to it so dsniff may be
there somewhere but not in the basic repositories and I haven't got
round to working out how to use others so I'll install from source and
do a static build against the older libraries.

Just another recommendation: You may have to remove one of the hton
lines in dnsspoof to work properly with hostfiles. I ran into problems
on gentoo and debian. On gentoo fixing the source worked well, on
debian I had the same problems you had (old libs required).
Sorry for not posting a patch - I don't have it ready to hand, but the
specific line is not hard to find.

Cheers,

Christine Kronberg.

--
Shalla Secure Services
http://www.shalla.de

Concerned about Web Application Security? Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only one to win the Analyst's Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web applications continue to rise, you need to proactively protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has the most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration testing and vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with a managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software (Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your results from other product. Contact us at request@xxxxxxxxxx for details.

  • Re: IM exploitable vulnerabilities .. any pointers?
    ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, ... > most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • RE: Download Core Impact
    ... As attacks through web applications continue to ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service ... most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Pen-Test as a favor
    ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, ... most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Walmart using WEP
    ... >most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • FW: Some new SSH exploit script?
    ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, ... how a managed service can help you: ... most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)