From: nat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nathaniel
Hirsch
Sent: segunda-feira, 8 de Maio de 2006 21:19
To: Mohamed Abdel Kader
Cc: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CISSP-ISSMP

I recently got my CISSP. The company that I work for paid for me to go to a
class, and take the test assuming I passed. If I failed then the $500 would
be on my nickle. Thankfully I did not fail. The main reason they wanted me
to get my CISSP is now they can charge more for the work they contract me
out to, this and you need it or some other equivalent to do level 3 and 4
DITSCAP testing. As for an ROI after I passed a got a 15% raise which was
nice, but I was also up for a raise, so I can not tell you how much that was
due to the CISSP, and how much was due to my overall performance at the
company. Personally I feel that the exam and certification process is a
waste of time, and so does everyone else at the company, but they are
needed, or so they say. However we have a guy who works here who is a CISSP
and a CEH(certified ethical hacker), and to be truthful, he is quite
possible the most worthless tester I have ever had to work with, and
everyone else in the office knows this. So having the cert doesn't make you
good, and doesn't prove to anyone that you have experience or skill. It
just proves that you can pick the correct answer out of a four possible
answer on a 250 question multiple choice exam. As for giving an out of 10
scale for everything you mentioned I guess they would all be 5s because it
all really depends on a lot of other things. As for what job its good for,
I would have to say more managerial then anything else. The topics covered
are really only puddle deep, not enough to know whats going on, just enough
to know that it is going on though.

Nathaniel Hirsch, CISSP
Xacta Corporation
656 Shrewsbury Ave.