Re: Remote Console on MySQL

I'm not sure if answer your question but the MySQL
shell can interact with the OS with the "\!" (Execute
a system shell command) command.

Best regards

--- tester@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Im doing a pentest and found 3306 open with no
password. I logged in a root using Navcat MYSQL
GUI..

I can select one of the test databases and get a
remote console,

mysql>

root@myipaddress does not have privilages to the
main mysql database..

My question:

Can you run commands on mysql to interact with the
OS like XP..cmdshell in MSSQL?

-Frank

Concerned about Web Application Security?
Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only
one to win the Analyst's
Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web
applications continue to rise,
you need to proactively protect your applications
from hackers. Cenzic has the
most comprehensive solutions to meet your
application security penetration
testing and vulnerability management needs. You have
an option to go with a
managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an
enterprise software
(Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how
a managed service can
help you:
http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php
And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit
for you to confirm your
results from other product. Contact us at
request@xxxxxxxxxx for details.

Concerned about Web Application Security?
Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only one to win the Analyst's
Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web applications continue to rise,
you need to proactively protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has the
most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration
testing and vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with a
managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software
(Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can
help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php
And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your
results from other product. Contact us at request@xxxxxxxxxx for details.

  • RE: Remote Console on MySQL
    ... Objet: Remote Console on MySQL ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Remote Console on MySQL
    ... Could be wrong here but I recall a 'system' command that you can use at the mysql> prompt to run OS commands. ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your results from other product. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Remote Console on MySQL
    ... the mysql> prompt to run OS commands. ... (Execute a system shell command) ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Remote Console on MySQL
    ... Check the version of MySQL and find vulnerabilities. ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ... Cenzic has the most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration testing and vulnerability management needs. ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your results from other product. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Remote Console on MySQL
    ... I logged in a root using Navcat MYSQL GUI.. ... As attacks through web applications continue to rise, ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can ...
    (Pen-Test)