VOIP: RTP vs SRTP

Hello list,

Planning some internal presentations on VoIP, I was wondering if SRTP (Secure Real Time Protocol) is now really in use, as a secure replacement of RTP.

More generally, from your experience, and from what you have seen in "real life", do you thing that VoIP security is getting better? Do people use crypto to protect both data and signalling?
I will love to hear your feedbacks...
-Franck

Concerned about Web Application Security?
As attacks through web applications continue to rise, you need to proactively
protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has the most comprehensive
solutions to meet your application security penetration testing and
vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with a managed
service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software (Cenzic Hailstorm).
Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you:
http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php
And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your
results from other product. Contact us at request@xxxxxxxxxx

  • RE: VOIP: RTP vs SRTP
    ... There's no question that VoIP Security is a BIG issue. ... vulnerability management needs. ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: VOIP: RTP vs SRTP
    ... Subject: VOIP: RTP vs SRTP ... I have been thinking of writing a paper about a VoIP security also. ... vulnerability management needs. ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: VOIP: RTP vs SRTP
    ... I have been thinking of writing a paper about a VoIP security also. ... vulnerability management needs. ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Converged Network Assessment - VoIP Security
    ... VoIP Conference 2006 participants requirements: ... CPD Network Security Technologies ... Converged Network Assessment - VoIP Security ... convergence is going to have a lot to do with integrating VoIP ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Risks Digest 24.32
    ... Report on security risks of applying CALEA to VoIP ...
    (comp.risks)