Re: dsniff wierdness

I was able to resolve my issue, but it isn't really a fix. The machine was using RealTek NICs which I swapped out for two Intel NICs. Once I switched the cards it worked as it always has. I don't know if this is a driver or a NIC issue under 2.6.x...

matt

Nagareshwar Talekar wrote:
Hi all,
Even I am facing same problem with urlsnarf that comes with dsniff
package. Its supposed to print the http trafic crossing through the
NIC.

But as explained by Matt, urlsnarf shows same behavior. If I do
wget from the same machine to the google , urlsnarf prints it to the
console. But It does not see anything which is crossing through the
NIC while ethereal can clearly see the http traffic from neighboring
machine crossing through this NIC.

I have also put the NIC in promiscous mode..but still no change in
urlsnarf's behavior...

Any pointers ?

On 20 Feb 2006 02:01:47 -0000, stylewar@xxxxxxxxxxx