From: Rory McCune [mailto:rorym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: February 17, 2006 6:01 AM
To: Serg Belokamen; pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Tools comparison and evaluation question (AppScan)

Hi,

I'm currently looking at evaluating some of the commercial tools in this
area, I've not started, so I can't quote on the relatively qualities, but
the list of tools I've put together is

Commercial Tools
-----------------
SPI Webinspect
Watchfire AppScan
Cenzic HailStorm
Protegrity Scando
Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner

In terms of Open Source The only projects I'm aware of (and I'd be
interested to hear of others) are Beretta from OWASP and Cruiser from
dyadlabs, and as far as I'm aware neither is at a production state at the
moment.

Cheers

Rory

Serg Belokamen <serg.belokamen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

I am currently looking at using/evaluating a tool called AppScan (by
watchfire.com).

So the question is in two parts and ASAP reply would be greatly
appreciated.

First:
Without starting a flame war (hopefully) or marketing campaign (another
hopefully) can any one tell me abut their experience with the software,
what you find useful about it, what not, any annoyances, missing
functionality, etc.

Second:
Can anyone recommend any simular type of software, preferably open
source (although not at all essential), and describe its performance,
usability and "usefulness" so to speak using AppScan as a reference
point.

Thanks,
Serg

----
---
Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on
your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,

login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down
servers are futile against web application hacking. Check your website
for vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers
do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831
----
----

[...]

  • Re: Qualys
    ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Pre-Scanning for Marketing
    ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Qualys
    ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Penetration test of 1 IP address
    ... > Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... > Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: New article on SecurityFocus (.WMF Vuln)