Re: Tools comparison and evaluation question (AppScan)

Hi,

I'm currently looking at evaluating some of the commercial tools in this
area, I've not started, so I can't quote on the relatively qualities, but
the list of tools I've put together is

Commercial Tools
-----------------
SPI Webinspect
Watchfire AppScan
Cenzic HailStorm
Protegrity Scando
Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner

In terms of Open Source The only projects I'm aware of (and I'd be
interested to hear of others) are Beretta from OWASP and Cruiser from
dyadlabs, and as far as I'm aware neither is at a production state at the
moment.

Cheers

Rory

Serg Belokamen <serg.belokamen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

I am currently looking at using/evaluating a tool called AppScan (by
watchfire.com).

So the question is in two parts and ASAP reply would be greatly
appreciated.

First:
Without starting a flame war (hopefully) or marketing campaign
(another hopefully) can any one tell me abut their experience with the
software, what you find useful about it, what not, any annoyances,
missing functionality, etc.

Second:
Can anyone recommend any simular type of software, preferably open
source (although not at all essential), and describe its performance,
usability and "usefulness" so to speak using AppScan as a reference
point.

Thanks,
Serg

---
Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,

login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers
are
futile against web application hacking. Check your website for
vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers
do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831
----

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831

  • RE: 3rd party vuln assesment firms
    ... > "We use the same tools hackers bring to bear against your systems. ... >> I'm looking for a firm to conduct annual 3rd party vulnerability ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ... >> your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: 3rd party vuln assesment firms
    ... > "We use the same tools hackers bring to bear against your systems. ... >> I'm looking for a firm to conduct annual 3rd party vulnerability ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ... >> your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Penetration test of 1 IP address
    ... Before I do anything very intrusive I personally go to the website ... Also remember once you have found a vulnerability, ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Whitespace in passwords
    ... input password is alphanumeric + special characters -- chances are strong ... >> Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ... >> your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Qualys
    ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
    (Pen-Test)