Re: Getting a Machines Uptime Remotely

Hi Robert,

On 2/2/06, Holstein, Robert - BLS CTR <Holstein.Robert@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to get the uptime of a Win* machine
remotely using NMAP. Stealth is not a concern. I've done it with *nix
based OS'es before using NMAP but never Windows. Can anyone offer some
advice on how to do this using NMAP. I've tried a couple different
things with no results.

If I remember correctly, you can't do it with remote Windows machines
because Windows sends 0 TCP timestamps in SYN/ACK packets; you have do
an ACK for the connection and then wait for an ordinary packet to get
the proper TCP timestamp option.

Cheers,

Bojan

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831

  • Re: Scanning Class A network
    ... About point 2, i recommend you Nmap... ... >network to identify hosts and ports exposed to the Internet. ... >Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Strange NMAP 4.0 Behavior
    ... Subject: Strange NMAP 4.0 Behavior ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: PacketStuffs nmap binary
    ... I need to upload nmap to a compromised NT box. ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your website. ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are futile against web application hacking. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: nmap results
    ... Were you running Nmap off a Windows box? ... > Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Port Scanner Reports
    ... >> scheduled basis, say ... I ended up writing a perl wrapper around nmap to feed IP addresses from ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! ...
    (Pen-Test)