From: Sam Evans [mailto:wintrmte@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:50 PM
To: ilaiy
Cc: Frederic Charpentier; pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Uno Mille
Subject: Re: Active Directory user enumeration

I'm not sure there is a way to enumerate AD through LDAP without
having to authenticate first. I have not tried it, but I am guessing
that Anonymous Bind is turned off by default (man, now I'm kinda
paranoid, I'll have to check!)

-Sam

On 1/26/06, ilaiy <ilaiy.e@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Try this one for linux
>
> http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~gawor/ldap/
>
> ./thanks
> ilaiy
>
> On 1/24/06, Frederic Charpentier <fcharpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > you can try the Softerra LDAP browser if the server allows anonymous
> > read access (which is often the case).
> >
> > http://download.softerra.com/files/ldapbrowser26.msi
> >
> > Fred
> >
> > Uno Mille wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > I need to perform a pentest on an 2003 Active Directory
environment and I
> > > could not find a way to anonymously enumerate users, password
policy and etc
> > > as we normally do in a NT environment.
> > > Any way of doing it through LDAP without any authentication ?
> > > Regards,
> > > Uno

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831

  • php ldap & sso
    ... i'd like to protect some parts of a website, using ldap to athenticate ... their individual rights on my website. ... store the whole userinformation in a session / a cookie? ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: ASP.NET and LDAP Connection
    ... I am getting the LDAP users to ... it was not loading the website. ... environment using the same LDAP connection and SQL database with the ...
  • Re: ldap value for user id
    ... for csvde ... You can view the ldap names either on the website or via ... > to know what the ldap value is for the user accts user id or the login id. ...
  • Re: cron stops silently
    ... On Friday 27 May 2005 08:05, Dean Strik wrote: ... > LDAP here? ... See also the PR (hasn't appeared on the website when I type ... > this btw). ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Exchange 5.5 - modifying smtp addresses via VBscript
    ... I need to write a VBscript to enumerate all the users on an Exchange ... machine and remove/change the smtp addresses for a number of them ... but unfortunately I cannot get this to work (nor even simple LDAP ... operations error has occured". ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.development)