RE: Re[2]: Pentesting a WEP-protected wifi network

.IMO, the real problem with Live CDs - they usually don't contain
.particular driver for your wi-fi card, I found this for Knoppix 3.5 and my
.wi-fi card Intel Pro/Wireless 2200 BG, laptop IBM T42. Although, there
.are drivers for linux - ipw2200, I use them with Gentoo distr.

You are very correct, and wireless and linux is a damn pain in the ass.

The auditor live distro actually has a separate version for you wifi card
though. I use 2 different cisco cards and the majority [all so far for me]
are ALWAYS supports by the live cd's that I use [whax/auditor] . I have a
Cisco a/b/g and an old cisco b card that is the LMC model that had external
connections for my yagi and dish-grid antennas.