Re: Pre-Scanning for Marketing

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Password Crackers, Inc. wrote:

> I am interested if anyone on the list has ever tested or implemented a
> marketing program that involved pre-scanning (wired or wireless) a prospect
> and then sending a letter or email describing potential vulnerabilities and
> offering assistance in closing these vulnerabilities. I have never done
> this because of the anticipated negative reaction, but I am curious as to
> what the outcome was if anyone else has done it. Single instances would be
> interesting, but I am more curious if anyone has implemented this in a more
> broad-based way and has positive and/or negative response rate statistics.

Most cases that I have seen where this happens, the "client" has viewed it
as "extortion". (The X makes it sound cool.)

Your millage may vary.

--
"George W. Bush -- Bringing back the Sixties one Nixon at a time."

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831

  • RE: Pre-Scanning for Marketing
    ... offering assistance in closing these vulnerabilities. ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: 3rd party vuln assesment firms
    ... > "We use the same tools hackers bring to bear against your systems. ... >> I'm looking for a firm to conduct annual 3rd party vulnerability ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ... >> your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Pre-Scanning for Marketing : Analogy Day
    ... of demonstrating vulnerabilities people "need" to know about. ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, ... Check your website for ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Pre-Scanning for Marketing
    ... offering assistance in closing these vulnerabilities. ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Pre-Scanning for Marketing
    ... installer there were some Security issue, ... vulnerabilities are easily and efficiently identified. ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
    (Pen-Test)