Re: Rainbowtables for WPA PSK?

As fas as I know the essid is used as a salt in the encryption of WPA PSK so
it's not feasible to create the rainbow tables.

Regards,
Marlon

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 18:58, Jeroen wrote:
> Without studying the ins and outs, I think it should be possible to
> generate rainbowtables for WPA PSKs. Especially since on-the-fly cracking
> takes quite some time per crypt and most users use a alphanumeric
> characterset for the pass. It my assumption right? Anyone already working
> on this subject? Please let me know!
>
> Gz,
> Jeroen

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831

  • Re: Rainbow Tables
    ... Did anyone ever get a rainbow table working on NTLM? ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Rainbow Tables
    ... Subject: Rainbow Tables ... Fortunatly for this project we are only doing LM passwords, ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Rainbow Tables
    ... Subject: Rainbow Tables ... Fortunatly for this project we are only doing LM passwords, ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: SV: Rainbow Tables
    ... Emne: Rainbow Tables ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Will Wyoming welcome the Rainbow Gathering?
    ... the Rainbow and if I am correct he will have a story to print after ... accepted and just so's ya know, I own that website and not the Peace ... ask those folks why they want to restrict the flow of information. ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)